Since 1927
1266 N. Franklin Street Chambersburg, PA  17201

About Us

Arthur Statler established A.R.Statler Body Works in 1927, where they worked from their house on Main Street in Marion Pennsylvania. At that time he did a lot of blacksmith work, and started taking iron wheels off wagons and put rubber tires on. His two sons Harold and Donald also helped build flat beds and dump bodies. The Statlers built and worked on a various types of equipment that customers would request. A. R. Statler built Marion Fire company’s first fire truck. A.R. Statler Body Works was also known for selling Allis Chalmer tractors, they later became Heil dump body and Reading distributers. Mr. Irving Suknow, founder of Reading Body Works, Inc. contacted Arthur in 1955 and asked Statlers to be the first Reading dealer. In 2005 Reading presented Statler with a 50 year plaque.

Donald Statler sold the business in May 1987 to John & Brenda Myers who continued to grow the business with more product lines of dump bodies, flat beds, snow plows, salt spreaders, parts and service.

Jimmy and Michele Wade purchased the business in June 2013. After 84 years in the same building in Marion, the operation has been moved to a larger facility in Chambersburg.

We are greatly appreciative of our loyal customers and look forward to expanding our customer base.